Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). In particular, we may collect the following personal information from you:
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sources of Information Collected:
- Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet or Similar Network Activity, Inferences
- Obtained directly or indirectly from submissions or activity on one of our websites (www.bridgestonetires.com, www.firestonetires.com, or www.thefuzionzone.com)
- Protected Classification Characteristics under California or Federal law
- Obtained directly or indirectly from submissions or activity on one of our websites (www.bridgestonetires.com, www.firestonetires.com, or www.thefuzionzone.com). For example, American with Disabilities Act requires websites to be accessible to those with disabilities – tool is provided to consumers to set up preferences such as large font, voice recognition, etc.
- Geolocation Data and California Customer Records Statute Personal Information Categories,
- Obtained directly from our customers one on of our websites (www.bridgestonetires.com, www.firestonetires.com, or www.thefuzionzone.com).
- Sensory Data
- Obtained directly from our customers from phone calls to customer service lines that may be recorded
Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Information with Third Parties
We may disclose or share personal information to or with a third party for a business or commercial purpose and have done so in the preceding twelve (12) months.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Statute Personal Information Categories
- Protected Classification Characteristics under California or Federal Law
- Commercial Information
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Data
We may disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Our affiliates
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
- Government agencies as required by state or federal law
Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information to a third party.
Additionally, we do not knowingly disclose or sell the personal information of minors under the 16 years of age.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access and Deletion Rights
Right to Access Specific Information:
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months, using the following e-mail address or by calling the number below:
email@example.com or (888) 928-0357
You may request the categories of personal information collected and/or specific pieces of personal information collected, so please specify which you are requesting in the e-mail you send.
We may use your name, address, email, phone number, and/or VIN number to verify your identity. Information provided will be compared to and validated against company records.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to know categories of personal information collected, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we received the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business or commercial purpose and the categories of recipients
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to know specific pieces of personal information collected, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
We are not obligated to provide you with this information more than twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information:
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. You can submit a deletion request using the following e-mail address or by calling the number below:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 928-0357
***(Please note the website you are coming from in the subject line of the e-mail so that we may more efficiently verify and respond to your request.)***
We may use your name, address, email, phone number, and/or VIN number to verify your identity. Information provided will be compared to and validated against company records. The consumer will be required to respond to an email from us to confirm the deletion request.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request for certain reasons set reasons set forth in CCPA, which will be described to you if all or a portion of your deletion request is denied.
General Rights Request Information:
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your or your household’s personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. If an authorized agent submits a request on behalf of a consumer, the authorized agent must provide proof of his/her/its registration as an authorized agent with the Secretary of State.
Response Timing and Format:
We will try to fully respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our response to you electronically via the email address provided on the request form. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Changes to Our Privacy Notice